Thursday, May 7, 2009

Instant Gratification

I dig them! (And, yes, that is a basket full of laundry waiting to be put away.) I didn't, however, really dig the pattern. There are several things I would like to change about them. I think for the next pair (of course there will be a next pair) I'm just gonna scrap the pattern and do my own. Like, why in the world was the top part not crocheted in the round? Silly, needless seaming. And I was not impressed with how the heel came together. I'm thinking of making a pair for the mother inlaw for Mother's day and my little sister has requested a pair next week's payment. But, this is what I love about crochet, instant gratification. I'll have time to whip up several pairs before Mother's day, and my mom was just here, saw mine and said "oh, I'd wear those...if I had a pair"..hint, hint.

I have convinced Tait to let us keep one of the puppies. So sweet! We haven't named her yet, but Kaiya wants to call her Dora. We'll see.

Happy Thursday!



7 comments:

Anna K. said...

Sweet little mary jane slippers and even sweeter puppy!

Good Job!

Stacey said...

Such a cute puppy, and your slippers turned out wonderfully, that was quick!

KnitterMama said...

Your slippers are AWESOME! Darn it that I haven't yet learned to crochet... and your daughter is fascinated with dora too?? i can't get mine to stop talking about her despite my best efforts!! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel Kovaciny said...

Awww, I'm glad you get to keep a puppy! And I love making something with a new pattern and going, "Yanno... I could make these better if I...." That's how my finger puppets were born :-D

(But I hate it when Larry forgets to sign out of his Google accounts and I end up posting as him.)

Julie said...

Rachel, you had me so confused for a minute, lol. I knew it sounded like you but....:)

Anonymous said...

I just love those slippers! Just perfect for puppies to chew on! :-)

Post a Comment