Friday, August 12, 2011

In the AM

I am trying something new. I've never been an early riser, preferring to stay deep under warm and cosy covers for as long as possible (not to mention going to bed way later than I should). But I'm trying to get out of bed around 5:30 each morning. It really does make each day go a little smoother. Something about getting one step ahead of these little ones and being able to take care of myself first. If I'm trying to get myself ready for the day they inevitably wander off and begin dragging out books and toys and crayons and who knows what before I'm able to get my wits about me.
The past two mornings I had stayed up later the night before than I really intended and ended up sleeping in with them til 7. And then I remembered why I am striving to get up earlier. I never thought a leg cramp would be fortunate, but, fortunately a leg cramp drove me out of bed at 5:30 on the dot. So, here I am, coffee in hand, animals have been cared for, mama has been dressed and I'm blogging.

I believe that River must have dropped a toy or something down the toilet yesterday morning, and the next time it was flushed it became wedged in the pipe and everything is completely stopped up. After it flooded the bathroom, my dad and I took the toilet out, flushed it completely out with the water hose and couldn't find a darn thing. After we determined (because the water went straight through) that it wasn't in the pipe, we put it back on, flushed it, and flooded it once again. Good grief! We pulled the cap off of the pipe under the house and let it drain, still nothing. The plumber will be here at 8am.
Hope you have beautiful (flood free) day.