Monday, June 4, 2012

Do-Over

OK, last birthday post, I promise! I just wanted to show you that all of the last minute crafting did indeed pay off. After remaking Kaiya's doll twice I was finally relatively happy enough with it to move on to the clothes... with only three days to spare. And in that three days I managed to sew;
One pair of panties, one night gown, one dress bottom, one skirt, and one pair of capris. And I managed to knit;
One pullover sweater, one cardigan, and one dress top. And crochet 2 little pairs of shoes. Not too shabby, I don't think!
Photobucket
The doll was in such poor shape, dirty beyond belief, a torn thumb, stuffing all out of whack and I hadn't put enough in in the first place. There were so many things I had wanted to change on this doll so I did. I took her completely apart, leaving only the inner head intact (which I did go into and shift the string around to fix a droopy eye line) and the wig. And the first remake was done too late at night and her body was way too fat and her legs were too short and skinny and one arm was longer than the other. My mama advised me that Kaiya would never see the flaws. But I would! So apart she came again. I was just sewing up the arms by hand when I realized that she was still fatter than I wanted her to be and the legs needed to be a little longer to allow for more foot. But as I was deciding on whether to take her apart again the power went out and stayed out for 3 hours. I knew I'd never have time to finish her and make clothes in time if I waited for the power to come on so I could use the sewing machine.
Photobucket
Still yet, I'm pretty happy with her. I do think I'm going to try again and make those adjustments. I'm dying to get it just right.
My battery died before I could get pictures of the pink outfit. It's Kaiya's favorite and her 'going out' outfit. Below is the nightie.
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
This one is my favorite. I love those little capris!
I have to say, this was a very fun project. I can see more dolls and doll clothes in the future.