Saturday, October 1, 2011

Learning Fungus

Last week it rained and rained and rained some more. The day before all this raining began I hung a load of towels out to dry (we only line dry), knowing full well it was going to rain a bit that evening but my thinking was, it will rain and then they will dry, no biggie. I would rather have them hanging out in the rain than stinking in the washing machine. I was completely unprepared for the nearly week long soak fest that ensued. But I digress...
What I had actually meant to say was that last week it rained relentlessly and this week we found so many wonderful mushrooms. All of these were found while we were out looking for Michaelmas daisies.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The girls and I have been enjoying focusing on a single theme for the week. I didn't plan to do this, but we tend to get into something and they want to keep it up. They have been thrilled to see all of these mushrooms popping up everywhere and have been bringing them to me so we can look them up in our mushroom book, so I think we may just plan some fun fungus (ha!) crafts and mushroom hunts next week. Now, convincing Kaiya to eat mushrooms is another story!
Anyway, I was thinking I might share our weekly themes and what all we come up with. I will wait til the end of the week and pool it all into one post. Perhaps if any other of you home schoolers would like to share what you're up to, we can add a little linky, as well.

By the way, tomorrow (10-2) I'll draw a winner so enter this week's giveaway while you still can!