Wednesday, May 2, 2012

In Pictures

We had a beautiful May Day. Not a lot to say... I'll just let the pictures do the talking.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
And one more May day happening....
Photobucket
Mama hen had her first baby! If you will recall we recently had a muscovy duck sitting. She made her nest in the shed with the sheep and refused to be moved. I thought all would be fine but when I brought her food and water the sheep trampled a couple of her eggs and, though I tried to move her to a safer spot she would have none of it. Fortunately she had only been on the eggs a short while and they hadn't begun developing.
Well, about a week later our ever broody gold laced wyandotte got her first chance to sit on fertile eggs. I really should have written this down because I wasn't expecting them for another week or so! So far we have one hatched. See it right there under mama's wing? She has seven more in her clutch.. I do hope most of them hatch!